IT Technical Support Apprenticeship SKILLS TRAINING UK LIMITED
IT technical support apprentice required to monitor and maintain the computer systems and network of the organisation. Will be required to install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
19 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks will include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replacing parts as required
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to diagnose hardware and software problems
- Be able to set up new users
- Have a passion for IT
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- The ideal candidate will have 5 GCSE's grades A*-C preferred, including Maths or English or equivalent
- A level 2 IT qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 qualification Infrastructure Technician
- Functional skills in Maths and English up to level 2 can be supplied where required
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
SKILLS TRAINING UK LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Training UK Ltd
Louise Palmer 07584426093 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017