Apprentice Production Operative (GTA) North Staffordshire Engineering Group Training Association Ltd
The successful candidate will be involved in the setting up of filling machines and taking part in product changeovers at an established local company.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
19 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be involved with:
- Production filling and packing
- Operating machines filling 1 litre to 205 litre containers
- The setting up of filling machines and taking part in product changeovers
- Quality checks on filled products
During the apprenticeship, the succesful candidate will receive full training and gain experience in the set up and operation of all machinery including the following:
- Counterbalance forklift licence operation
- CI and 5S programmes and initiatives
- Understanding of plant maintenance
- Operating Siemens PCS7 Automated Production System
- Use of SAP System
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Flexible work attitude
- An interest in working in a fast paced, automated manufacturing and production plant
- Quality focused
- Good timekeeping and reliability
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team and with a wide number of people and departments
- Willingness to learn new skills
- GCSE Grade C or above in English, Maths and ICT (or equivalent)
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Level 2 Award in Industrial Environmental Awareness
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning Thinking Skills Level 2
Improving Operational Performance
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Staffordshire Engineering Group Training Association Ltd
Sara James 01782213485 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017