Customer Service Apprentice Shepway District Council
The completion of an NVQ level 2 whilst helping customers to complete on line forms and be a first point of contact both face to face and over the phone. Good communication skills are necessary and an ability to think on your feet and have a ‘can do attitude.’
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
21 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role of Customer Services Apprentice will cover face to face and phone contact. Both forms of contact have a digital approach and the Apprentice will be expected to be able to assist customers in the capacity of a floor walker, after full training. The role also covers operating the Councils switchboard which is also a first point of contact into the Council. There are regular training sessions every Wednesday at 8.30 am which the Apprentice will attend.
The on line forms will be a mixture of benefits, council tax and ‘other services’ which can include parking, licensing and environmental issues.
The Apprentice role is very customer focussed and the ability to be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers is very important. The role can also involve dealing with more challenging customers; however this would always be under the guide of a more experienced Officer.
This role is very diverse and very busy and the right candidate will need to fit into a large team dealing with many enquiries of different natures, however they will not be expected to do this without full training and being accompanied most of the time.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Competent user of IT, particularly Microsoft Office
- Confident in using the internet and completing forms online
- Proactive and committed to continued service and personal development
- Ability to maintain high standards at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and customer orientated approach
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Be able to take instructions
- Good basic education to GCSE A-C standard or equivalent (including Maths & English)
- Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy (or equivalents) or recent and relevant experience that demonstrates proficiency in English and Maths
- Experience of operating MS Office systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Things to consider
About the employer
Alongisde full Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship, you will also receive on the job training from your colleagues and work mentor.
WEST KENT AND ASHFORD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Kent and Ashford College
Katarzyna Chyla (Katie) 01732853912 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017