IT Support Technician Apprentice Fylde Computer Solutions Ltd
We are looking to recruit an ICT support technician apprentice to join our busy support environment.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
03 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will gain experience in the following:
- Helpdesk support, taking telephone calls and using remote support software.
- Server and network installs.
- Server and pc building.
- Network planning.
- Wifi configuration and management.
- Network and firewall configuration.
- Laptop disassembly and component repair.
- Serving customers in our retail shop, accepting items for repair and selling.
- On site assistance with network cable installation testing, network switch and infrastructure installation.
- Supporting and working with our existing technicians.
You will be based in our new offices in Thornton Cleveleys.
Requirements and prospects
- You need to be technically minded and passionate about IT systems, self-motivated, and have the ability to work on your own initiative aswell as working within a team.
- Honest, trustworthy, keen to learn, hardworking, reliable, punctual and interested in IT systems such as hardware, software or web design.
- 5 GCSE's at grades A*-C, ideally including Maths and English (or equivalent). Must attain a Level 1 on the initial assessment at College.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 3 in Infrastructure Technician.
- Technical Certificate Level 3 in Infrastructure Technician.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilties (ERR).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
BLACKPOOL AND THE FYLDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackpool & The Fylde College
Heather Ritchie 01253 504199 Apprenticeships@blackpool.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017