Level 2 Apprenticeship in Floor Covering Christopher Stokoe
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to undertake a Level 2 Construction Building - Floor Covering Apprenticeship for the right candidate to work for a well-established commercial and domestic flooring company based in Washington.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This professional flooring company offer a wide range of services including carpet tiles, carpets and vinyl flooring, cushion floor and laminate, hard wood and carpets. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join their team, learn a wide variety of new skills. Candidates applying for this position must be enthusiastic, keen to lean and have good time management skills. The successful candidate will learn all aspects of the flooring industry. You will learn to:
- Lay new and existing flooring.
You will learn to lay:
- Heavy duty carpets.
- Laminate flooring.
- Wooden flooring.
- Vinyl flooring and other products.
You will also be taught to use hand tools, how to handle materials, setting out, preparing surfaces, whilst delivering high quality customer service.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn.
- Good hands on skills.
- Practical thinker.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Manually dextrous.
- Ability to follow and work to plans.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be willing to undertake day to day tasks as requested by your employer.
- Good team player.
- Willing to learn.
- Committed to completing the apprenticeship.
- A good work ethic and hard working.
- Respectful manor and willing to start at the bottom and work your way up and progress through the company.
- GCSE grades A to C Maths and English or equivalent.
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 Construction Building - Floor Covering, in-house training with the employer.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017