Apprentice Chef Vinyl Groove Cafe Ltd
Interested in becoming a chef? This vacancy will give you the opportunity to train and learn all aspects of preparing and cooking food for customers. A Vibrant Music Café looking for Apprentice Chef to work under the supervision of a very experienced Head Chef.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
18 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice Chef you will be supporting Head Chef and Sous Chef.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when preparing, storing and cooking food
- Maintain, handle and clean knive
- Cook and finish basic meat dishes
- Cook and finish basic vegetable dishes
- Prepare and present food for cold presentation
- Complete kitchen documentation
- Set up and close kitchen
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
Sixty per cent of products are home baked
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for an individual with a passion for cooking fresh food who is creative, hardworking, can take instruction and is prepared to learn.
- Need to be customer focused, ideally with an outgoing personality.
- 4 GCSE’s at grades A*- D including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- You must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment that is completed during an Apprenticeship Selection Event at College.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery.
- Technical Certificate Level 2 in Professional Cookery.
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Catering and Professional Chefs
BLACKPOOL AND THE FYLDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackpool & The Fylde College
Deborah Kelly 01253 504386 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017