Apprentice Chef Hallmark Hotels Gloucester
We are looking for a Professional Cookery apprentice to join our busy team, learning all aspects of working in a kitchen environment whilst studying towards your Professional Cookery qualification.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working towards your Level 2 Professional Cookery apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To follow general high standards in the kitchen as set by the Head Chef.
- To understand simple storage, wastage and portion controls.
- To ensure you are ready for service and have communicated with your superior when ready.
- To understand your menus and mise en place.
- To ensure you keep your workstation clear and clean at all times.
- To understand basic kitchen equipment and safety.
- To carry out the cleaning as specified in your departments cleaning manual.
- To support a working environment which promotes a positive attitude, pride and good morale.
- To complete any other reasonable tasks as requested by a member of the Management team.
- To fully assist and implement HACCP policy.
- To receive goods and check items supplied are to the standard and quality required. To inform the Head/ Sous chef of any discrepancies.
- To ensure the correct storage and handling of food stuffs and that stock rotation and security procedures are adhered to.
- To attend any training and development schemes as recommended by the management.
- To minimise the wastage of food stuffs and maintain portion control in order to help achieve the Food Gross Profit.
- To comply with all hotel and company rules, regulations and policies.
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail and willing to learn and develop.
- Personable and trustworthy.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be flexible, hardworking and presentable.
- GCSE Maths and English A – D (9 - 3) or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles - Professional Cookery.
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Hospitality Services or Professional Cookery.
- Functional Skills: Level 1 English, Level 1 Maths.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
Robyn Cook 01452 563406 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017