Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Wilson James Ltd
An exciting opportunity to work within an a positive and supportive, evolving and growing IT department, you will gain practical experience in effective communication with IT Users and 3rd party suppliers.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Providing telephone and desk-side support to 50 local staff, as well as remote support to approximately 500 IT enabled staff.
- Logging support issues raised by e-mail, phone, or in person.
- 1st line support and troubleshooting for Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, VPN and Citrix.
- Hardware support of Laptop and Desktop devices, Printers and Scanners.
- Logging support issues for SAP ERP, SAP BW, SAP BOBJ, Timegate, PASS, Pdc and Microsoft CRM.
- Prioritisation and Escalation of support tickets to 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Escalation of issues to 3rd party Hardware and Software support.
- Process properly authorised purchase requests for IT equipment.
- Administration of user access to internal and cloud based systems.
- Installation and Rebuild of desktop and mobile devices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be aware of and follow all policies and procedures owned by Wilson James Limited, including any updates to those policies.
- To positively participate in the Staff Welfare & Development Programme.
- Carry out any other reasonable request as required by the Line Manager or Head of IT.
- To report any acts or omissions that may compromise health & safety immediately.
- Maintain a healthy and safe place of work, ensuring all posts are in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Cooperate with Wilson James and the Client so that the company can carry out its statutory duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974,and all relevant statutory provisions.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse any property, equipment IT hardware or systems in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, with a strong customer focus and team working skills.
- Hold excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have an ability to deliver clear and concise verbal and written reports where necessary.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
- You should be a keen learner.
- Exhibit good organisational and troubleshooting skills.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise your own workload.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Show the ability to quickly grasp new ideas and concepts.
- Be adaptable to a range of tools and technologies.
- Be confident, dedicated and resilient in building relationships with clients.
- Readily accept feedback and coaching in order to develop your skills.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Chelmsford for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS).
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017