Helpdesk Support Apprenticeship Cscm (Managed Services) Limited
The Helpdesk Support role is a primary customer service role within the Technical department, this role will answer first line telephone support calls and be expected to present the correct image and manner of the company to clients.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The role is to assist the customer to find the solution to any problem or question that they ask of the department. When a customer is having a bad day it is our job to make that day better and to leave the customer thinking that CSCM really made a difference.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
50% Primary Priority:
- Answer inbound support telephone call within 3 rings as first Team Member
- Update Helpdesk Ticket system and ensure each ticket has been updated once in 24 hours
- Be responsible for personal ticket queue, updates and completing tasks with agreed SLA
- Provide a friendly and helpful first point of contact for clients
- Manage personal ticket queue ensuring all information is logged and explained clearly to clients
- Be able to manage time to contact clients back within appropriate timescales to meet SLAs
- Able to listen to client issues, note key information and be patient with client conversations
- Confident manner, enjoys helping clients and talking them through problems
- Able to write detailed and explanatory notes of conversation to ensure all information is recorded on the HelpDesk system
50% Secondary Priority:
- Promote a “Can Do” attitude, show how to look for solutions and not problems
- Maintain standards of Help Desk Tickets, up to date, written clearly, relevant
- Maintain tidy and safe office, desk, work shop
- Take action on requests verbally from clients and Account Managers so they are not missed
Requirements and prospects
- Windows 10, 8 and 7. Knowledge of OS use, configurations, locations of settings. Familiarity to talk a client through the OS interface without seeing a screen
- Microsoft Office - 2013,2010. Working knowledge of Outlook configurations for Exchange, Office 365, IMAP and POP
- Active Directory - Change passwords, update user objects settings, create new users
- Microsoft Exchange Server - 2013,2010,2007. Create new users, update email addresses, change forwardings, add additional email addresses, check mailbox sizes
- Able to use CHKDSK, SFC, DEFRAG, AUTORUNS, Event Logs and Manufacturer Diagnostics on Windows Computers
- Experience of Linux and Mac OSX
- Good telephone manner
- Interest in IT
- Team player
5 x GCSE's A*-C to include Maths, English and ICT (or equivalent).
A level 2 IT qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
Cscm (Managed Services) Limited
- Full Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional skills up to level 2 where required
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
SKILLS TRAINING UK LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Training UK Ltd
Louise Palmer 07584426093 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017