Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant Bridgewater Pharmacy
You will be required to undertake a diverse range of tasks and duties. Working under the supervision of a qualified pharmacist, these duties will include dispensing items of medication that make up a prescription. The role will also include customer service and administration duties. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career prospects.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a diverse range of tasks and duties. The role will suit someone who thrives at multi-tasking in a busy environment. This is a responsible, varied and exciting role offering a great opportunity to begin a Pharmaceutical career.
All applicants must adhere to our Health & Safety and Confidentiality policies and procedures at all times.
Counter duties will include:
- On a daily basis you will be responsible for serving customers face to face. This will include serving on the till, answering queries, taking and handing out prescriptions.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be computer proficient as the role includes using a range of computer softwares.
- The role also involves administration duties, including filing and answering the telephone.
- Candidate will be required to assist other members of staff which may include merchandising, housekeeping and stock control.
- The role will eventually include giving advice to customers on prescription medicines and over-the-counter products, advising on healthy living and how to deal with minor illness.
Dispensary duties will include:
- Selecting the correct items to make up a prescription.
- Preparing blister packed medication, usually for the elderly but also for those with memory/learning difficulties, where tablets are placed in compartments for specified days of the week.
- Stock control and ordering new stock using computerised systems.
Requirements and prospects
- Some understanding of the importance of Health and Safety.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Multi-tasking, comfortably able to switch between tasks.
- Team working and working flexibly as part of a team.
- Work on own initiative as necessary.
- Methodical approach to work.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Excellent two way communicator.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal skills.
GCSE in English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF)
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2)
Health - Pharmacy Services
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 01159 374936 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017