Apprentice Ward Clark/Receptionist Hereford Hospitals NHS Trust
The post holder will assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Ward by providing clerical and administrative support to the Ward Team .
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
5 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The post holder will politely meet and welcome all patients and vistors to the ward
- The post holder will provide cover for colleagues during annual leave and sickness as requested
- The post holder will report and follow-up maintenance requests for the ward
- The post holder will communicate patients, relatives, carers and staff using a professional and sensitive manner
- The post will maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To liaise with the nursing team and General Office regarding the storage of patient property
- To arrange hospital transport in accordance with the Trust's guidelines
- To have knowledge of EROS to requisition and receipt goods of stock orders in accordance with the Trust's fiancial framework
- To maintain effective communication with ward staff, external departments fax machine and email as appropriate
- To ensure the site team at the County Hospital are given accurate infomation in relating to the ward as required
- To record ward staff absences, e.g. annual leave, study leave, sick leave, monitoring and training. In the event of sudden staff sickness to assist in finding a replacement
- To undertake any other duties, required by the line manager appropriate to and relevant to the post
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team Player
- Calm and works well under pressure
- GCSE A-C or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- Business adminsitration level 2
- Functional skills maths, english and ICT (if required)
- Job specific training by employer
Business and Administration
RIVERSIDE TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside Training Ltd
Louise Beizsley 01432 359244 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017