Apprentice Dental Nurse Selby Dental Care
You will be required to work as part of a team to assist in delivery of dental care services to patients, provide support and assistance to the designated clinician/therapist and assist in clinical/non-clinical aspects of client care in line with practice procedures. Receptionist duties will also be required to ensure smooth running of the practice
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Our team at Selby Dental Care have been members of the BDA Good Practice Scheme for 16 years.
The team consists of the practice owner, 4 full-time associates, 1 Hygiene/Therapist, 1 Clinical Dental Technician & 1 Foundation Dentist. We are fully computerised with 7 modern surgeries (most have A.C), 2 comfortable waiting rooms, digital radiography, decontamination suite, education/tutorial area, central reception, office and a laboratory on site. Our two newest staff members have recently completed their apprenticeship scheme at York College.
Dental Nurses are required to work as part of a team to assist in the delivery of dental care services to patients, to provide support and assistance to the designated clinician or therapist and to assist in clinical and non clinical aspects of client care in line with practice procedures. Additional receptionist duties will be required to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients and liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
- To maintain patient confidentiality.
- Be familiar and comply with all Health & Safety rules and guidance, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal, emergency procedures and fire drill.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literacy
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Work under own initiative as well as with instruction
- Disciplined to keep up to date with required course work/homework.
- Team player
- Pro-active approach
Apprentices must also have achieved a minimum of Level 1 English and Level 1 Maths and to have taken level 2 English and Maths tests prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
About the employer
Qualifications and End Point Assessment Information:
A qualification which has been approved by the General Dental Council as meeting the requirements for entry to the professional register.
Method(s) of delivery:
This apprenticeship is designed to support individuals to meet the professional standard for people working as a trainee Dental Nurse within the industry.
The model has been driven by an employer steering group, and then refined through the Technical Working Group consisting of employers, training providers & assessment experts.
The principles driving the design of the assessment plan are as follows:
- Maximum relevance to the job wherever possible
- Integration with day-to-day responsibilities wherever possible
- Added value to the apprentice’s journey, both during and at the end of the apprenticeship
The purpose of the end point assessment is to test (in a synoptic way) the skills, knowledge and behaviours of the apprentice as set out in the apprenticeship standard.End point assessment:
- Provides apprentices with a showcase opportunity to provide oral and documentary evidence of their knowledge, skills and behaviours developed throughout the apprenticeship
- Enables the independent assessor to assess the skills and behaviours of the apprentice by observing the apprentice in the course of their normal work
- Tests the knowledge acquired by the apprentice throughout the apprenticeship.
The end point assessment includes the following components:
- A multiple choice test
- An observation of practice undertaken in the workplace
- An evidence portfolio completed by the apprentice with an interview
The apprenticeship includes Pass and Distinction grades with the final grade based on the apprentice’s combined performance in each assessment activity.
Dental health > Dental Nurse
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by York College
Laura Blissett 01904 770368 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017