Service Associate - Hospitality Team Member SHANGRI-LA HOTELS PTE LIMITED
To provide the finest personalized service by adhering to food and beverage brand standards and by engaging with our guests and creating memorable experiences for them. To ensure smooth operations of the sections appointed in the F&B division and implementing SLIM/Hotel standard procedures.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
4 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To provide the finest personalized service by adhering to food and beverage brand standards and by engaging with our guests and creating memorable experiences for them.
To ensure smooth operations of the sections appointed in the F&B division and implementing SLIM/Hotel standard procedures.
To maintain the cleanliness and organization of all supplies, equipment, work areas as well as guest areas in order to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests.
To be accountable in the delivery of the Shangri-La experience behaviours across the respective department and hotel and to ensure that the behaviours are followed through by our colleagues.
To maintain complete knowledge of:
- Core and departmental brand standards
- Dining room layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code
- All liquor brands, cocktails, beers and non-alcoholic beverages as well as assigned glassware and garnishes
- Particular characteristics and descriptions of every champagne/wine by the glass and major wines on the wine list
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices; daily menu specials and unavailable items
- Operating the Micros POS and all Micros related policies and procedures
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment, to use equipment only as intended
- Daily arrivals/departures, in-house count, VIP’s, scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times
- All hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to accurately respond to guest inquiries
- All departmental and divisional policies and procedures
- To be aware of SLIM and Hotel standards and policies
Fire & Life Safety
- To be aware of and apply the procedures concerning hotel fire and life safety / emergency procedures
Hygiene & Sanitation
- To apply the necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (refer to SLIM standards indicated in the F&B Intranet
Ensures personal grooming and conduct according to hotel standards:
- Checks schedule and ensures punctuality at work
- Monitors and ensures smooth operations of the sections appointed (restaurants / banquet / beverage - as applicable)
- To fulfill opening, side, closing and cleaning duties as defined by the respective checklists
- To ensure that all materials, equipment and service carts are in complete readiness for service in accordance to business needs
- To maintain surgical cleanliness and organization of all pantries, storage areas and other back of house areas
- To complete requisitions and to replenish par levels for supplies and equipment
- To ensure glass-,china- & silverware are polished, spotless, free of stains and chips; to ensure the proper set up of all wares; to rectify if needed To ensure breakage, damage or loss of glassware, chinaware, silverware and linen is avoided and recorded
- To review the reservation book for table assignments and all special requests/special occasion as per guests’ requests
- To transport supplies from storeroom to restaurant/pantry as assigned; use all items according to the FIFO system (first in – first out)
- To serve food and beverage according to the sequence of service and brand standards
- To take guest food and beverage orders utilizing up-selling techniques and to properly process all orders through computerized or manual systems
- To anticipate guest needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge all guests however busy and whatever time of day.
- To assist the host/ess and perform as a greeter when needed. To seat the guest as much as possible
- To answer the outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct telephone verbiage, etiquette and always with a smile
- Practice economy of food, beverage, paper supplies, electricity and water (practise recycling whenever possible)
- Checks inventory in sections appointed for daily requisition at every end of shift
- Obtain customer feedback during operations to ensure satisfaction
- To relay any customer complaints to supervisor
- Assist in any other tasks as specified by his / her Manager or Assistant
- To be aware of daily revenue and cover forecasts and engage with manager to achieve the maximum profit for company
- To understand outlet’s business target and energy saving policy
- To be aware of departmental promotion plan and familiar with hotel products
- To take complete ownership of all assigned duties and responsibilities and to report any deficiencies to the manager
- Performs his/her duties in a way that upholds our Core Values (humility, courtesy, respect, helpfulness and sincerity) and Code of Conduct at all times
- Carries out other reasonable projects / tasks as dictated by management from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of food and beverage systems
- Additional languages
- Relevant experience in a similar capacity
- Flexible and adaptable to different working locations
- Computer Knowledge
- Good net appearance
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Relevant experience in the hospitality industry
- Motivator and self-starter
- Displays initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Team leader/ builder
- Customer oriented
Relevant experience in the hospitality industry
Things to consider
About the employer
A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments, for example bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers.
The role is very varied and although hospitality team members tend to specialise in an area, they have to be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business, for example during busy periods.
- One to one tutor support in the workplace to be given every 3-4 weeks where you will cover a range of units covering hospitality over a period of 12 months.
- On going work based learning continually gaining knowledge in order to prepare for an end point assessment exam to be taken at 14 months.
- Functional Skills in English and Maths to be undertaken depending on previuous qulaifications.
- Access to an online E-Portfolio system to complete written work .
Hospitality > Hospitality Team Member
STRAIGHT A TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Straight A Training
Samantha Newman 07879556200 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017