Business Administration Apprentice Womens Aid (Leicestershire) Ltd
Women’s Aid Leicestershire LTD are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join their team in Leicester. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential. For the right candidate, there is a good opportunity to progress into a permanent role. Apply now to be considered.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Clerical and Administrative Duties
- Database Management
- Social Media
Clerical and Administrative Duties:
- To photocopy, scan, collate and distribute documents and other materials.
- To shred confidential data, and ensure that all confidential material is disposed of appropriately.
- To undertake regular and accurate filing.
- Assist in supporting training and meetings such as setting up rooms, ordering food and refreshments and organising equipment.
- To take minutes of meetings, type and distribute.
- To assist in maintaining the inventory of stock, equipment and donations.
- To assist in placing orders for stock and maintain adequate levels of stationery and other materials.
- To input cases onto a bespoke database and maintain accurate records.
- To monitor quality of data inputted across the services and ensure all fields are completed consistently where possible.
- To generate reports as requested.
- To assist in updating social media accounts and work directly with the Communications Coordinator / PA to the CEO.
- To act in accordance with the policies and practices of WALL. In particular to maintain the strict confidentiality of the Refuges.
- To act in a fair and supportive way and positively promote equal opportunities and eradicate discrimination.
- To work in a safe and responsible way ensuring that safety procedures are followed and that you do not endanger yourself, your colleagues or service users.
- To be punctual and minimise absence from work.
Other duties commensurate with responsibilities:
- To attend all supervision, staff meetings and training days.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with general level of responsibility of this role.
Requirements and prospects
- Applicants for this role should have good written and spoken communication skills.
- You must also have great organisational skills and understand the importance of confidentiality.
- You will be reliable and be of smart appearance.
- You must possess a caring nature and a can do attitude.
The ideal candidate would have level 2 English and Maths (A grade of C/4 or above in GCSE or equivalent in English & Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will work towards gaining the following qualifications with Leicester College:
- NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Business and Administration;
- Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration,
- Numeracy, Literacy and Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) - exemptions may apply
- Women’s Aid Leicestershire will also provide a full induction programme.
- We will also provide continuous mentoring and support from our experienced and qualified staff as well as specialist training as required.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01162295509 Apprenticeships2@leicestercollege.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017