Apprentice Service Advisor/Administrator CAR-NECT AUTO GROUP LIMITED
To assist the Service Manager with daily administration duties required for the efficient running of the service reception including preparing estimates and invoices, and raising the online profile of the company using various forms of social media.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The service reception is the hub of the business and the Service Manager requires a reliable, efficient assistant to help with a diverse range of administration duties including:
- Using our online Garage Software Programme to collate customer estimates and invoices, order parts and check them on to the system.
- To arrange return of parts and track credit notes due.
- Using online platforms to respond to work bookings promptly.
- Greeting customers face to face and over the telephone and scheduling work.
- Preparing job cards for the technicians which must include a clear, concise description of the work required.
- Interpreting customer concerns and comments and liaison within the workshop.
- Scanning and e-mailing job cards due for payment.
There is plenty of opportunity to expand on these duties as the candidate gains experience and knowledge.
The second part of the job is to raise the online profile of the company using various forms of social media including Facebook and Twitter etc. Also, to advertise and promote seasonal offers via these methods.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident and polite telephone manner.
- Accurate and proficient IT skills are essential as we have to keep comprehensive vehicle records and accuracy is crucial.
- Strong English language skills including spelling and grammar.
- Good time keeping and to be able to monitor how long a job is taking if it is to be ready by a certain time or if a customer is waiting for it.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with work colleagues and customers in particular to quickly gain an insight into the particulars of a fault, which a customer is having with their vehicle, to then record that information accurately on the job card for the technician.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and to timescales.
- Candidates should have a GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
- IT qualifications.
- Driving licence beneficial but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Full Intermediate Business and Administration Apprenticeship including Functional Skills and Technical Certificate.
Business and Administration
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017