Apprentice Business Administrator Chadsfield Medical Practice
The ideal candidate will receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Provide general assistance to the doctors and practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols.
- Pulling/filing notes as necessary.
- Fax and photocopy as requested.
- Open post and stamp date of receipt.
- Open and distribute post to clinicians, Practice Manager, other staff as appropriate.
- Liaise with other health professionals.
- To advise and register patients.
- Receive, assist and direct patients arriving at the practice.
- Dealing with patient enquiries at the reception desk.
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary.
- Collect internal mail and pathology specimens for collection by the courier.
- Process appointment requests for today and in the future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with home visits requests.
- Triage and enter telephone consultations on the computer list.
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients change of address in a timely manner – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of practice area).
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Scanning and filing correspondence into computer medical records via Docman.
- Read code letters and recognise when a patient is on a disease register.
- Enter data for QOF i.e. smoking status, weight etc.
- Act on screen alerts when patients contact the practice and deal with accordingly.
- Continuously validate patient details using correct computer codes.
- Enter contact notes on computer for messages left for patients.
- Completion of patient details on pathology forms.
- Have working knowledge of telephone, during and after hours.
- Answer calls promptly using a good telephone manner, assist with queries and take messages where necessary.
- Clear rooms after surgeries and make sure clinicians rooms are stocked.
- Ensure building security – have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm.
- Ensure reception and other areas are kept tidy.
- Any other tasks allocated by managers.
Health & safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice health & safety policy and the practice infection control policy and published procedures.
This will include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines.
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks.
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards.
- Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised.
- Keeping own work areas and general/patient areas generally clean and tidy, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holder’s role.
- Undertaking periodic infection control training (minimum annually).
- Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk.
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance.
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the implementation of services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance.
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work.
- Participate in audit where appropriate.
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate – email, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to work in team but feels confident to use initiative.
- Excellent attendance, punctual
Must have A – C in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Damar Training
Jana Jassova 0161 480 8171 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017