Inclusion Support Apprentice (Teaching Assistant) Birches Head Academy
Birches Head is an 11 to 16 co-educational school situated in the heart of the community. We not only strive for academic success, but are concerned with the development of the whole person. An opportunity has arisen for an Inclusion Support Assistant Apprentice to join our team.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To provide support to pupils in developing good literacy skills through classroom support
- To provide support to teachers in the preparation/adaption of teaching and learning materials to allow students to access learning
- To provide learning support to pupils working in the classroom in collaboration with subject teachers to develop good literacy skills and enable them to continue to access mainstream education across a range of subjects
- To provide learning support to pupils working in small groups outside the classroom in collaboration with subject teachers/ SENCO to develop good literacy and numeracy skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Have some experience of working with children
- Experience of working in an education environment (desirable)
- Able to work on own initiative
- People handling skills
- ICT skills
- Calm under pressure
- Practical and intellectual
- Well organised
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to command respect from pupils, staff and parents
- GCSE Grades English and Maths at C or above (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Training by SENCO and Assistant SENCO
- INSET training at School
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME COLLEGE (NULC)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle under Lyme College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017