Embroiderer/Printer/Designer Apprentice Thredit
We have a position available for a young apprentice to join us and learn various techniques and skills for garment decoration. To be involved in the design and development of new products, and new ideas for clothing print and embroidery. Learn on the job with varied experiences across design, print and embroidery at our studio workshop.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
4 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We want to find someone with a bright personality and excellent practical skills to join and grow with our small business.
We have a position available for an apprentice to join us and learn various techniques and skills for garment decoration. To be involved in the design and development of new products, and new ideas for clothing print and embroidery.
The job will include full training in all aspects, leading to responsibilities in:
- Embroidery and print design using industry leading software.
- Customer service and visual communication.
- Embroidery production and operation of industrial machinery.
- Print production and operation of CAD/CAM and screen print press machines.
- Garment presentation, photography, packaging, and distribution.
You will be trained to a high standard in all aspects including fabric knowledge and understanding of materials, to help maintain quality control and assurance. As part of a small team you may also be asked to help out in all aspects of day to day tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Positive friendly attitude
- Hardworking and committed
- Eager to learn, keen to excel
- Good attitude to customer service
- Works well in team
- Organised and trustworthy
- Positive attitude
- Eager to learn
- Willing to work late or extra hours
- Smart appearance
GCSE Maths / English D or above (or equivalent). Similar in art / design / or textiles.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 Fashion and Textiles
- Functional Skills if required
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Fashion and Textiles
Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
Nikki Smith 0151 252 3163 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017