Clinical Healthcare Apprentice Pocklington Group Practice
Healthcare assistants (HCA) have a lot of direct contact with patients and work under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional, usually a nurse. Sometimes staff working in HCA roles are known as nursing assistants, nursing auxiliaries or clinical healthcare support workers.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
5 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reasonably accountable for the delivery of efficient, quality and evidence based clinical care in accordance to standards, guidelines and code of conduct:
- Provide a phlebotomy service.
- Perform ECGs.
- Take blood pressure measurements.
- Perform urine dip tests.
- Perform wound dressings.
- Assist doctors with Minor Operations.
- Provide general support to the practice nurse team.
- Maintain a team approach to working by attendances at appropriate meetings.
- Maintain and update skills by attending appropriate training events.
- Enter all patient activity onto the patients’ electronic records.
- Accountable for maintaining a clean, safe and efficient health care environment for the patient (i.e. Maintenance of Treatment Room Stock and/or Expiry Dates).
- Maintaining ‘Best Practice’ and knowledge share: Responsible for maintaining / updating clinical knowledge and skills as required too deliver clinical best practice by attending appropriate training events as required by the Practice.
- Planned and Unplanned Cover: To contribute in maintaining the levels of service expected of our patients and the Practice in achieving its goals by taking a ‘fair’ share of covering colleagues planned and unplanned absence.
- To ensure any CQC requirements and/or documentation for which the post holder is responsible for is completed timely and accurately. To also ensure any procedures and processes applicable to the role are followed timely and accurately.
- To ensure you devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities to your role, our business and its goals.
- Such other duties as may be delegated from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
- Autonomous: ability to work independently by making informed decisions and clinical judgement. Whilst also having the ability to recognise when a problem / issue should be escalated or referred to the wider clinical team because it falls outside of the scope of the role and clinical knowledge.
- Can‐do attitude: ability to react to and face challenges or setbacks in a positive manner with a commitment to continuous improvement of their own skills and behaviours and also of the service.
- Customer service: ability to remain focussed on providing and continuously improving an excellent patient and internal customer service (colleagues).
- Deadline / target driven: ability to work efficiently and to strict deadlines. To be driven by the setting and achieving of individual and team targets.
- Attention to detail: ability to gather, process, analyse and input large volumes of information to deadlines whilst maintaining highest levels of attention to detail.
- Confidentiality: ability to exercise and adhere to the Practice confidentiality policies.
- Team work: work effectively and professionally within the wider Practice clinical team and a local surgery team through willingness to proactively support and assist their peers and colleagues.
- Able to, calmly, professionally and efficiently deliver patients / internal customers needs with a warm reassuring demeanour.
- Maths and English C or above will be selected for interview for this role.or Functional Skills Level 2.
- IT Literate; competent in the use of Microsoft Applications and a proven ability to learn how to navigate and interrogate systems, input data with an attention to detail and follow processes and procedures.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
Health - Clinical Healthcare
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hit Training C2C Ltd
Judi Beech 07973 833797 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017