Corporate and Finance Apprentice Woodsend Medical Centre
Following the success of previous apprentices we are looking for an individual to join our newly formed corporate team The team will be managing, monitoring and coordinating key business functions for 5 GP practices.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
4 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
With full training duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working as part of an exciting finance team with the opportunity to grow, learning all aspects of the finance department, with support from the lovely team at the Woodsend Medical Centre.
- Raising invoices.
- Being the first point of contact for taking supplier enquiries on the telephone – checking the system for invoices and resolving any other queries.
- Working as part of the corporate team to gain an understanding of the back office business functions of a GP surgery.
- Coordinating responses from a number of the GP practices within the Partnership.
- Assisting in arranging and the preparation of meetings.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Any other relevant duties as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel.
- The ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
- Good level of numeracy and accuracy skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Responsive to change.
- Can demonstrate the ability to be professional in matters of confidentiality, security, integrity, honesty, conduct, performance and attendance.
- Ability to treat colleagues and visitors with respect and dignity.
- The commitment to complete the apprenticeship programme.
- To use initiative and take responsibility for daily decision making.
- To have an innovative approach to problem solving.
- A*-C or equivalent in Maths and English.
- A Levels, grade C or equivalent and above is desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business & Administration.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Functional Skills.
- Mathematics – Level 1.
- English – Level 1.
- ICT – Level 1.
Learners may be exempt from these with relevant GCSE grades.
Business and Administration
STARTING OFF (NORTHAMPTON) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Starting Off
Chloe Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017