Admissions Officer - Apprenticehips Colchester Institute
Reporting to the Training Solutions Delivery Leader; you will assist the CI Business Solutions team specifically in areas of student engagement, marketing and apprenticeships. This will include providing general administrative support, assisting in booking students in for assessments/interviews , attending events and preparing correspondence.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As the Apprentice Engagement Assistant you will assist the CI Business Solutions team specifically in areas of apprentice (student) engagement, marketing and apprenticeships.
Duties will include making and receiving telephone calls; providing general administrative support; assisting in booking in students for assessments/interviews, providing information on the various apprenticeships available at Colchester Institute attending open events and preparing correspondence when necessary.
Full training and support will be provided to enable the following activity:
- To respond effectively and appropriately to all direct and referred enquiries via face-to-face, telephone, mail, email, text within agreed timescales, demonstrating excellent customer service and promoting Colchester Institute provision to all enquirers.
- To liaise directly with applicants to co-ordinate and arrange initial assessments as required, including screening and diagnostic tests, and to arrange application reviews and/or interviews, as required.
- To assist in the accurate and efficient processing of applications, including where applicants have made a joint application with a full-time programme, in liaison with the FE Admissions team.
- To provide initial information to applicants regarding securing a suitable employer, and to refer suitable applicants without employers to the Delivery Team Leader for matching to appropriate Apprenticeship employment opportunities where possible.
- Liaising with the Delivery Team Leader to ensure that applicants with employers have the appropriate checks made on the suitability of the employer and the job role for the Apprenticeship.
- To attend internal and external events to promote Apprenticeships and help with the recruitment of apprentices
- To actively use CRM to record all activities relating to Apprentices.
- To maintain a pool of employer-ready applicants and communicate this to the Training Solutions Delivery Leader as required.
- To contribute to the maintenance and development of a high quality information and advice service by adhering to the matrix quality standard.
- Work to promote and apply the College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices.
- To work to promote and apply the College’s Equality and Diversity policy and practices.
- To develop productive working relationships within the CI Business Solutions team as well as other teams in the college.
- To undertake any other duties as determined by the Training Solutions Delivery Leader.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of using database systems.
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office or a similar software packages.
- An understanding of safeguarding and a commitment to creating a safe learning environment.
- An understanding of and commitment to the College’s Equal Opportunity Policy.
- Experience of working in an administrative role and experience of dealing with customers would be desirable.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal, people and customer care skills with the ability to present a positive image to internal and external customers.
- Good team working skills particularly the ability to work closely and effectively with other staff.
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Ability to word process business correspondence, documents and materials to a good standard of presentation and accuracy using standardised formats would be desirable.
- Good standard of general education including a minimum of four 9 - 4 grade GCSEs or equivalent including Maths & English.
- Formal Qualification in Customer Service and or relevant Administration or IT Qualification would be desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
This apprenticeship is designed for people who want to train on the job and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Business Administration. If you are efficient and enjoy organising people and resources, this is a great apprenticeship for you to start your career. This apprenticeship supports a variety of administration job roles in any industry e.g. executive assistants, secretaries, administration assistants, data entry clerks, finance, customer service, human resources, social media and marketing.
Apprentices will receive the relevant training required to work in an administrative role within a wide range of business settings and organisations will be able to select the most appropriate route to meet their business needs.
The course is aimed at students aged 16 and over who wish to complete a Business Administration Apprenticeship in any specific vocational area.
Business Administration Intermediate Apprenticeship Units:
- Communication in a business environment.
- Principles of providing administrative services.
- Principles of business document production and information management.
- Understand employer organisations.
- Manage personal performance and development.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues.
- An additional 8/9 units can be chosen from a list of optional units.
How will I be assessed:
- This is a practical course where students are expected to provide evidence through workplace activities and guided assignment work. In addition to this, 3 online exams will be required.
What award will I achieve?
- Diploma in Business Administration Level 2.
- Possible progression to an Advanced Apprenticeship.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
CI Business Solutions 01206 712043 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017