Web Designer Apprentice THE COLLEGE ACADEMIES TRUST
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Web Designer to join our team. You will be assisting in the design and development of the Content Management System to enable all staff to manage content.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Purpose of the post:
You will be assisting in the design and development of the Content Management System to enable all staff to manage content.
- To assist with research, design, implementation and maintenance of the Trust’s websites.
- Use development knowledge to make administrative processes more efficient and effective through creative use of information technology resources.
- Think of innovative technological solutions to improve the websites across the Trust.
- Liaise with staff regarding website/intranet issues.
- Uploading and developing documents for staff on the websites ensuring high standard of material published.
- To develop, test, release and document applications using best software engineering practices to ensure timely service delivery and ease of maintenance.
- To provide time and resource estimates to assist in the planning of projects.
- To develop tools and methodologies to improve the effectiveness of the development process.
- Keep abreast of new web technologies. Research and use (where appropriate) new web technologies and languages.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time as commensurate with the grading of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Good literacy skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and projects effectively.
- Ability to learn new software packages quickly.
- Good Graphic Design Skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Willingness to work flexibly.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Clear understanding of Web Technologies.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems and office and Adobe products
- Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Creativity and artistic.
- GCSE English and Maths A*-C (or equivalent).
- A recognised IT qualification or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma for IT Users
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Award in Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Technical Certificate in IT at level 3
IT Application Specialist
NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME COLLEGE (NULC)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle under Lyme College
01782 254287 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017