Apprentice Driver GRS (ROADSTONE) LIMITED
An opportunity to start a career in a specialist transport/logistics organisation committed to the development of talent and future career progression. A formal programme offering the Apprentice the opportunity to train and learn on the job from an experienced LGV driver to become accustomed to the safe and efficient operation.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 48.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
5 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An opportunity to start a career in a specialist transport/logistics organisation committed to the development of talent and future career progression.
A formal programme offering the Apprentice the opportunity to:
- Train and learn on the job from an experienced driver and mentor in order to become accustomed to the safe and efficient operation of an LGV Cat C vehicle, and
- Train over a 12 month period to achieve a Large Driving Goods Vehicle (LGV) – Level 2 apprenticeship qualification.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain standards of Health & Safety at all times.
- Help deliver an excellent customer service experience.
- Ensure all deliveries are completed in full and on time.
- Liaison with the traffic office and other colleagues.
- Level 2 qualification in Large Goods Vehicles operations.
- Cat C Rigid Vehicle Driving Licence, graduating to Car C+E.
- Assigned a mentor within the business for development and ongoing support.
- On the job shadowed and mentored training by Driver Mentor.
- Driver CPC training/Masterclasses.
- Ongoing career development.
Apprentices on the programmes will be required to complete other tasks and duties as required by the company in order to compliment the training and support their colleagues at all times. Any such reasonable requests will be appropriate to the employee’s remuneration and status.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work from initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Ability to operate and adapt to challenging situations
- Good geographical skills
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organisational skills
- Some experience of working in a team in busy commercial operation
- English and Maths - GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-F (candidates may be asked to complete a literacy and numeracy test).
- Hold a full CAT B clean licence to drive a car for a minimum of 12 months (no points).
- Subject to Medical and successful DVSA LGV Cat C provisional licence.
Things to consider
About the employer
Train over a 12 month period to achieve a Large Driving Goods Vehicle (LGV) – Level 2 apprenticeship qualification.
Logistics and Supply Chain > Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver
The National Logistics Academy Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The National Logistics Academy Ltd
John McNulty 03332206466 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017