IT Support Apprentice TWO RIVERS HOUSING
We are looking for an I.T Support Apprentice to demonstrate on-the-job learning through technical training and work tasks. You will learn all aspects of working in an office environment whilst providing an effective technical support when appropriate.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
7 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will be working towards your L3 I.T apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies; you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
- Assist the IT Administration staff in the delivery and maintenance of an effective IT Service which will support the day to day operations of the business, with particular emphasis on IT Service Desk and first line Desktop IT support.
- Provide effective technical support, when appropriate, to employees and managers on use of end-user hardware and software, with particular emphasis on PC / Laptop / Tablet / Smartphone use and with Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS, Android, Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Demonstrate on-the-job learning through technical training and work tasks.
- Help to achieve Team Service Measures (SMs) for the IT Service Desk as defined by organisational requirements.
- Develop an appreciation for data quality, cyber security, administrative consistency and following process.
- Develop good IT technical knowledge and troubleshooting techniques.
- Develop good personal commuinications skills with other technical and non-technical staff.
- To work within agreed objectives and time scales to meet agreed performance criteria.
- Compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the correct quality of work and taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Monitoring and recording of standards and progress
Requirements and prospects
- Developing IT knowledge and skills.
- Ability to learn from instruction and self-driven.
- Ability to use a PC / Tablet / Smartphone.
- Ability to use Internet for research
- Knowledge of data protection practices (desirable)
- Knowledge of cyber security practices(desirable)
- Experience in a Housing Associations or similar office environment (desirable)
- Good problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Good numeracy and communication skills.
- Willingness to help others.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a range of employees
GCSE Maths and English A – C (or equivalent qualifications) grades 4 and above
- Good current IT knowledge
- Relevant IT qualification – desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
- L3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- L3 Diploma in Professional Competence
- Functional Skills: L2 English, L2 Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
Lynda Berriman 01452 563402 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017