IT Support Apprentice Surfachem Group Limited
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Surfachem, a chemical distributor, based in Leeds.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2017
14 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role requires the ideal candidate to provide day-to-day IT support to the business, including logging of calls and providing 1st line technical support. The ideal candidate will be able to work under pressure and have excellent verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to use their own initiative and effective time management to achieve results.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Maintaining and upgrading the windows environment including virtual machine provisioning and administration.
- Configuration, deployment and support of hardware and software including hand held devices.
- Monitoring and deployment of Office365 and related server resources.
- Monitoring and configuration of WAN/LAN and associated devices including telephony.
- Developing knowledge base database.
- Anti-virus, web and e-mail security administration.
- Provide user support & user training.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience of problem analysis and resolution.
- Experience of supporting IT customers in a commercial environment.
- Windows server and desktop operating systems including virtual environments.
- Office product suite including Office 365 administration and development (preferable).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to keep calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Surfachem Group Limited
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01133500333 Honor.Greenwood@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017