Business Administration Apprenticeship - Level 2 CHANGING LIVES HOUSING TRUST
The candidate will work in a capacity as an Income Officer within the Finance Department and be responsible for the financial records within the company. Assisting with general day-to-day administrative duties to complete the full Business Administration qualification.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
5 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To deliver a wide range of administrative support services which includes minute taking, data input, filing, and processing invoices.
- Prevent arrears from escalating in line with the the organisations rent collection policies and procedures to prevent serious debt and homelessness.
- To ensure prompt and appropriate contact is made with customers who fall into arrears of rent and of charges.
- With each contact, identify the problem correctly and take appropriate action per the circumstance to resolve the issue.
- To achieve agreed performance targets for the collection of rental income and to be fully involved in the setting of all future performance targets.
- To take operational responsibility for the management and delivery of comprehensive rent recovery service.
- To make regular and early contact with all the tenants in arrears through accompanied home visits, telephone calls, text messages, e-mails and office interviews.
- To negotiate repayment agreements with tenants and take corrective action where such agreements are not maintained.
- To assist tenants with the completion of Housing Benefit Claims, ensuring that they are aware of what they need to provide to have their claim processed and to liaise closely with the Benefit Housing Team and highlight claims requiring urgent attention.
- To undertake other duties which commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience of this post, as and when required by the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- To keep up-to-date with changes to legislation and the impact of welfare reform on both tenants and the organisation.
- To monitor rent accounts and other housing related debts, on an ongoing basis, to identify cases that require action, particularly in relation to tenants with court orders or who have introductory tenancies.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good numerical skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Hard working
- Can use own initiative
- Willing to learn and complete the 12 month training programme
GCSE Maths and English Grades A-D or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Preventing homelessness is of utmost importance. Our ‘complex needs’ housing provides safe and supportive homes for vulnerable people with dual diagnosis. Our support teams work with hundreds of people at risk, including former rough sleepers.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BEXLEY COLLEGE
Lavender T Brown 01322 404 263 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017