Administration Apprentice Dudley And Walsall Mental Health Partnership and NHS Trust
Interested in working with the NHS then this exciting opportunity will kick start your career. You will support the department in all aspects of administration providing assistance in maintaining a high standard of customer service.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the administration team and managers in completing daily tasks, liaising closely with staff, service users and the general public.
- To undertake such duties as photocopying, binding, post, laminating and sending faxes when required.
- Use of computer packages to produce letters, emails, memos, faxes. Must be able to use Microsoft Packages such as Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint (would be an advantage).
- Use of the telephone including taking accurate messages.
- Use of Outlook to manage electronic diaries.
- Maintain an effective filing system.
- Data entry onto patient record system.
- Reception duties.
- Support and assist in office administration on a day to day basis as workload determines.
- Clear verbal and written communication to ensure information is clearly passed to service users and staff.
- To co-ordinate electronic diaries for the team.
- To support the team in effective clinic management, arranging and rescheduling appointments, to ensure that patients receive an efficient administrative service in respect of their care.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate (Microsoft Packages)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills (ability to work at all levels)
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to act in a professional manner
- Ability to deal with arising situations (rare contact with distressing or emotional circumstances)
- Able to remain polite and calm in pressurised situations
- Caring customer focussed nature
- Self-confident personality
- Common sense approach
- Diligent approach to completing tasks
- Hard working
- Good time management skills
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Ability to be discreet and sensitive
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C or above.
About the employer
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Samantha Williams 01922 688898
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017