Finance Assistant / Apprentice Hart Brown
To assist the Finance Manager in providing an efficient cashiering department. To develop the skills and knowledge required of a legal cashier, working within solicitors’ accounts rules and the firm’s procedures.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To assist with Credit control where required.
Paying in – completing bankbooks ascertaining which account is to be credited. Post entries to both the office and client accounts.
- Dealing with write-offs, account closures and any other requests or queries from fee earners/secretaries by telephone, memo or email.
- Calculating interest and postings relating to client funds held.
- Transferring funds from client account to office account.
- Printing cheques daily, checking and editing requests as necessary before printing.
- Checking and reconciling financial statements.
- Operating electronic banking systems in all banks.
- Checking and posting bills
- Assist with purchase ledger as required.
- Producing ad hoc reports as required.
- Maintain database as required.
- Assisting with other members of the team where necessary.
Requirements and prospects
Able to display good communication skills both verbal and written.
Able to learn knowledge of the work, systems and procedures.
Team player with ability to pick up news skills quickly and efficiently.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
The newly launched Assistant Accountant apprenticeship programme is accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and combines outstanding classroom training, dedicated workplace mentorship and on-the-job experience to build the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to become a skilled assistant accountant.
The apprenticeship includes:
- AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
- AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
- Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Guildford on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
- You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
- Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
- You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017