Apprentice Office Administrator WEST MIDLANDS DOUBLE GLAZING LIMITED
Looking for an enthusiastic and reliable individual, able to work well on their own whilst contributing to the efforts of the team. You will be working closely with the company directors, dealing with our sales enquiries both via the telephone and face-to-face.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Looking for an enthusiastic and reliable individual, able to work well on their own whilst contributing to the efforts of the team.
You will be working closely with the company directors, dealing with:
- Our sales enquiries both via the telephone and face-to-face.
The main focus of the work will be on:
- Order processing, therefore attention to detail is a main requirement.
- All orders will be sent directly to you, and you will be responsible for inputting the data onto our in-house software, and passing the manufacturing details to the Production team within the factory.
- You will also have to liaise with our suppliers to ensure all products required for an installation job are ready and delivered to us before an installation is due to take place.
- You will be responsible for booking installations for our customers and dealing with any complaints and enquires on the phone as well.
- There may be times when an order has been delivered or manufactured incorrectly, so we need a strong candidate who can quickly and efficiently rectify the mistake, whilst reassuring the customer.
- There is also an element of cash handling, as deposits and payments do come into the office through our retail and trade customers.
We need a strong candidate, looking for a challenge, hoping to make a difference.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- IT skills
- Communication skills
- Smart appearance and team work
Ideally 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), 2 of which must be Maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A*-C.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017