Apprentice Care Assistant Karl Hodgins
This role is a great opportunity to learn and develop and begin a career working in the Care sector at Avery Lodge Residential Home in Great Yarmouth assisting in creating a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment for the residents and focusing on person-centred care.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
General duties will include:
- Supporting residents in all aspects of their daily needs.
- Assisting with domestic duties and tasks, i.e. making beds, washing up, serving food and drinks.
- Assisting with some personal care needs, i.e. assisting with hearing aids, dressing and washing.
- Assisting with leisure activities.
- Supporting residents with their decision making.
- Reading and recording information/facts into care plans.
- Communicate verbally and written with families/health workers/services.
- Working within the team to promote the values and ethos of our organisation.
- Maintaining confidentiality and following the Data Protection Act is important and understanding when and to whom to disclose information too.
- Adhering to all the homes policies and procedures.
- Covering all aspects of care including housekeeping and catering.
- Personality & attitude more important than qualification/experience.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard training programme is primarily delivered in the workplace unless, should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
You will have the following skills:
- Good communication and people skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions.
- A reasonable level of fitness.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to record data accurately with attention to detail.
- Good standard of spoken & written English.
You will need to be:
- Patient, understanding and caring in nature.
- Willing to get involved in practical activities.
- Friendly and helpful in manner.
- Respectful and always treat others with dignity.
- Compassionate and empathetic.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- Flexible in your approach to work and adaptable to change.
- Hardworking and keen to develop your skills..
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Have a calm & practical nature.
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade D or above (or the equivalent) including English and Maths.
- As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required including two references and an enhanced DBS.
- Avery Lodge will also provide in-house and on-line training.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard for Adult Care Worker.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in English and Maths.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills; Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Health and Safety.
Adult care > Adult Care Worker
East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Sandra Peck 01493 419891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017