Business Administration Apprenticeship Tyneside Standards Limited
Office Apprenticeship in Business Administration - liaising with customers /engineers and progress chasing.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- General administration
- Word processing
- Faxing and shredding
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- You will develop the skills and knowledge to provide assistance to staff and internal/external customers in a polite and efficient manner
- You will also use the companies bespoke software and have the responsibility of dealing with invoices
- You will assist in the day to day work of the administration department including responding to customer’s requests, updating systems and maintaining accurate records
Moving forward duties will include:
- Typing calibration certs
- Data input for technicians
- Dealing with customers directly and via telephone and email and resolving any issues
- Raising enquiries
- Issuing quotes
- Raising orders
- Liaising with workshop staff and the stores department to ensure we provide customers with a good service they are satisfied with and in general running a small office
The employer requires someone who is adaptable and is willing to learn and take on new challenges. It is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful company with an excellent national reputation.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Positive attitude
- Good timekeeping
- Good communication skills
- An interest in business administration
- The ideal candidate will have GCSEs, or equivalent, grade C or above in Maths, English & ICT.
- Please note that Adult Literacy Level 2 and Adult Numeracy Level 2 will not be accepted. This is due to the certificate awarding body requirements.
Things to consider
About the employer
So Tyneside Standards was created with the conception being to create a “Centre of Excellence” where Metrology “The Science Of Measurement” was available here in the North East servicing the requirements of Northern Industry and restricting the flow of work leaving the area.
Since the formation in 1995 Tyneside Standards has operated with the same ethos Top class calibrations without compromise! Therefore our first objective when we set up the laboratory was obtaining UKAS accreditation so that we may provide the top class calibrations the businessmen of the North East sought with a certificate bearing the Crown Which renders it a legal document We achieved this distinction within two years of our formation.
- The intermediate apprenticeship is typically a 12 month programme.
- The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications.
- The successful candidate will work towards a BTEC Level 2 and functional skills, should they be required.
Business and Administration
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyne North Training Ltd
Before you apply
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017