Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator Q3 Academy
Q3 Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient apprentice Administrator to the school's busy reception.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Switchboard operation and supervision.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries to the Academy
- Ensuring that all appropriate visitors to the Academy are correctly ID’d (Safeguarding) including Supply Staff.
- Hospitality to Visitors.
- Academy Tour Guide
- General Administration Duties.
- Greeting visitors to the Academy, signing in and out, issuing security/ID passes and correct clearances are submitted accordingly.
- General Word processing, desktop publishing, Excel Spreadsheets and SIMS ICT tasks.
- Duplicating and distributing information as and when necessary within the role.
- Dealing with emergencies that are reported to reception.
- Dealing with Alarm Activations.
- Monitor Student Uniform and Makeup etc.
- Booking of Rooms etc.
- Ensure the image of the reception area is maintained to a high standard.
- Daily incoming and outgoing post and emails.
- Ability to work as a team to ensure reception is fully covered during holiday times
Requirements and prospects
- An organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer literacy and good keyboard skills
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- Good numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- A courteous and mature approach to colleagues, visitors and telephone callers
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and high standards of professionalism
- A flexible approach to work
- Good attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Willingness and determination to learn
Grade C and above at GCSE Level or equivalent in Maths and English is desired.
About the employer
- Level 2 Certificate in Business Administration
- Functional Skills at Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT if not already acquired
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Pathway First Limited
Kieran Lawrence 07772 223505 Kieran.Lawrence@pathwaygroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017