Web development apprentice DYNCO LTD
Dynco are looking for an outstanding Junior Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of websites for our clients.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to really kickstart their career is an exciting and progressive sector, duties will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for taking the client’s website specifications and developing them into the function aspects of the website ensuring strong functionality and optimisation, using programming code (PHP, HTML, CSS, MYSQL and XML languages) and design skills (Photoshop and tools specific to the client’s software requirements).
- Testing the software using accessibility guidelines, coding standards to agreed service levels and time scales.
- Responsible for ensuring the software is available for the MD, Technical Director or Account Manager to present to the client for approval within agreed time scales.
- Responsible for making any changes agreed to the software, design and functionality that may be necessary and testing again in order for managers to represent to the client for approval if required.
- When approval is given by the client for the software to go live, responsible for moving files and code to the appropriate location; ensuring that it is functioning to the same standards and testing where appropriate.
- To perform any duties required by their manager deemed essential to the job.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of relational databases
- General understanding of programming languages
- Leadership skills
- Customer focused
- Polite/well mannered
- Positive attitude
- Motivated to learn
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Cambridge for 16 days of training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard –Software Development Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017