Hairdressing Apprenticeship Stephen Madin
As an apprentice with us, you will be involved in the following duties - working on the reception area (making appointments, answering the telephone etc), client care (customer service skills, communication), general housekeeping, assisting qualified stylist with services (e.g. cutting, colouring and perming), shampooing clients and stock taking.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about hairdressing and progressing within the industry, have a professional manner and great communication skills.
As an apprentice you will be required to:
- Asist the senior stylists and other staff in the day to day running of the salon.
- Work with colleagues to complete tasks.
- Learn and practice hairdressing techniques and treatments.
- understand knowledge of hairdressing treatments.
- General reception and cleaning duties.
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate:
- Can work well as part of a team.
- Can work individually if required.
- Has good communication skills.
- Has good customer service skills.
The candidate must be:
- Enthusiastic about the job they are applying for.
- Interested in Hairdressing.
- Willing to do an apprenticeship and do off the job training as well.
- GCSE's or equivalent are not required but can be advantageous.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Training will be provided in the workplace or once a week in Oracle Training Centre (this is dependant on your salon owner). If it is decided to be in the workplace, a trainer assessor will be visiting the salon for one to one sessions.
- You will be assessed on your competence in both Practical and Theory work.
- You will gain Hairdressing Level 2 NVQ Qualification, alongside this you will be required to do Functional Skills in Maths and English (dependant on any prior learning). Level will be determined on GCSE results or equivalent to.
- We also include Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Listening and Thinking Skills (PLTS) within the qualification.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
ORACLE TRAINING CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oracle Training Consultants Limited
Oracle Training Consultants 01302 813900 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017