Apprentice Health and Social carer Hawthorn Residential Home
Working at an established care home for the elderly on a full time basis. The care home has been open over 20 yrs and holds up to 20 residents.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The post holder will be required to ensure that the highest standard of care and support is provided to all residents at the Home.
- The post holder will assist in creating an environment conducive to the care, support and management of individuals.
- To ensure that the National Minimum Standards are maintained at all times.
- To work independently and in collaboration with the existing team of professionals.
- Help to construct and maintain professional and effective working relationships with other health care workers.
- To be committed to improvements, innovation and advances in health care.
- Care and Support Responsibilities.
To act as a primary carer for a small group of individual residents and to work towards providingcare and support to ensure that:
To uphold the philosophy of care at The Home and to ensure that all Residents are provided with care and support to optimise:
- Be proactive in the introduction and implementation of new ideas and initiatives within the area of work.
- Ensure policies, procedures, standards and practices of care are maintained at all times.
- Ensure standards are enforced throughout periods of duty.
- Observe the principles of care, which underpin the area of work.
- To assume delegated tasks with discussion and support from Qualified Staff.
- To adopt a positive attitude and aptitude towards individuals with enduring mental illness.
- To ensure the smooth running of The Home at all times.
- To participate in domestic activities when required, for example cooking and cleaning and caring of both female and male residents
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to learn
- GCSE Grade D or above in maths and english or equivilent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 in health and social care with the oppertunity to continue onto Level 3 in the workplace for the right applicant.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Laura Hancox 01216675018 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017