Sales and Lettings Assistant Apprenticeship Octopus Property Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take on the role of a Sales and Lettings Assistant to work in a busy Sales and Lettings office. This will include providing a welcoming point of contact for clients, updating and refreshing sales displays, dealing with telephone calls, mail duties, word processing, e-mail and updating databases.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will work as an Administration Assistant, reporting to the Sales and Lettings Team in the provision of general administrative and secretarial support services.
- Be a welcoming point of contact will include communicating clearly and in a friendly way to deal with enquiries from clients.
- Receive incoming calls and maintain recording system.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and record and process outgoing mail and to receive, check and sign for delivery of goods.
- Efficient use of PC skills and use of Microsoft Office package to include, word processing, spreadsheets, publications and PowerPoint presentations.
- Email system will be used for sending and retrieving messages and appointments as well as maintaining diary systems to organise and accompany property viewings and surveys.
- Accurately recording information and data into bespoke databases and using document management system to input, access and retrieve information.
- Attendance of team meetings and team development and training days as required and to provide other general administrative support in specific areas of work as designated by the Sales and Lettings Team.
- To be aware of and maintain confidentiality at all times and ensuring that duties are carried out to the required standard.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills and knowledge of MS Office including word processing, spreadsheets, publications and PowerPoint.
- Well organised and capable of maintaining efficient systems.
- Able to communicate clearly both written and verbally with good listening skills.
- Positive commitment and ability to work directly with the public.
- Able to manage own work effectively.
- Able to work within a clear policy of confidentiality.
- Enthusiastic approach to the use of IT and willingness to undertake training in order to ensure the competency level required for this role.
- Someone who is enthusiastic with a proactive approach and willingness to learn with a positive attitude.
- Must had a methodical approach to tasks with good attention to detail.
- Have a positive caring attitude towards people with a professional and approachable manner.
- GCSE Grade A*-C in English and Maths or equivalent
About the employer
- Vocational work experience with a local employer with support from Palmersville Training for underpinning knowledge, theory and portfolio work.
- Assessments will be carried out in the workplace and learners will work towards NVQ L2 Diploma in Business Administration.
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
- Technical Certificate.
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnardos-Palmersville Training
Gillian Childs 0191 2701133 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017