Apprentice Dental Nurse - Birmingham areas Bhandal Dental Surgery
Working towards a level 3 in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner. Must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and be prepared to help in other areas of the practice.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing for a Dental Practitioner, the ideal candidate must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing.
The role includes:
- Taking instruction from the dentist in surgery and responding efficiently and accurately
- Preparing the surgery and any relevant materials in advance of treatments taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas
- Ensure the correct dental instruments are to hand ready to be passed to the dentist when needed and materials have been mixed if required
- Ensure the dentist’s comments regarding the condition of the patients mouth throughout the check up are recorded correctly
- Tidy and clean the surgery once treatments are complete in preparation for the next day/session
- Adhere strictly to infection control procedures within the practice
- Man the reception desk welcoming patients to the practice, booking appointments, taking payments and answering telephone calls
- Assist in administration tasks and ensure records are kept up to date
- General housekeeping duties
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice.
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse therefore you must be able to make patients feel welcome and offer reassurance to anxious patients endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible.
- Working sometimes under pressure dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently.
- Patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Record information relayed by the Dentist accurately at all times
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area
- Booking appointments
- Cleaning equipment and surgery
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Calm under pressure
- Able to reassure when dealing with nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
5 GCSEs Grades A to C including Maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Bhandal Dental Surgery
Working towards a level 3 in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner.
Dental health > Dental Nurse
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Laura 0121 667 5018 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017