Facilities Apprentice Redhill Academy Trust
Responsible to the Site Supervisor for the care, cleanliness and security of the school site. Based mainly at The Redhill Academy in Arnold Nottingham.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The post has some impact on the well-being of individuals or groups (i.e. physical, mental, social, health and safety).
- The post has no (or limited) direct responsibility for financial resources other than occasional processing of small amounts of cash, cheques, invoices etc.
- The post has considerable responsibility for cleaning, maintenance and repair of a range of equipment or buildings and/or responsibility for security of buildings.
- Routine and non-routine opening and closing and security of premises and grounds (although closing & emergency reaction will be undertaken by an external contractor).
- Assist in carrying out security procedures for the school buildings and grounds.
- Assisting in prevention of trespass on the premises.
- Assist to ensure unauthorised parking of vehicles does not occur.
- Monitoring of work to cleaners.
- Checking work is of standard required.
- Carry out cleaning of own designated area to the required standard, where applicable.
- Stripping and retreating floors when necessary.
- Checking safety of site and ensuring the removal and safe disposal of hazards.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of basic tools and equipment.
- Carry out minor or temporary maintenance and repairs of building.
- Report items, repairs, maintenance work that is required and is beyond the competence of the caretaking staff.
- Report damage as appropriate.
- Boiler room maintenance.
- Direct contractors to sites of repair and maintenance work.
- Inspect work of contractors where a satisfaction note required.
- Operate heating plant to maintain certain temperatures and ensure adequate supply of hot water available.
- Carry out frost precaution procedures and procedures in event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage.
- Ensure drains and gullies are inspected to ensure they are free flowing and clean, dealing with blockages as necessary.
- Ensure that caretaking and cleaning equipment is in a safe and working condition.
- Receive delivery of stock, materials etc., ensuring appropriate storage and distribution.
- Ensure adequate supply of fuel, light bulbs and janitorial materials are available and distribution.
- Provide emergency access in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations.
- Ensure playing areas and paths are free from litter.
- Move equipment, resources, furniture as required (e.g. for examinations).
- Assist Site Supervisor in undertaking risk assessments and any other duties as directed.
Support for the school
- Contribute to the School’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and mission statement of the school.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate within the grading of the post, including wider support and cover as requested for other colleagues within the wider team.
- Positively contribute to the objectives and aims of Community Academies Trust.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to carry out routine tasks, under direction with limited supervision.
- Able to carry out instructions from others.
- Able to learn techniques relating to site matters and to use equipment after training.
- Willing and able to work outdoors, in differing weather conditions and for prolonged periods of time.
- No previous experience required.
- Able to carry out procedures, routines and follow instructions.
- Able to use a computer and use basic software packages.
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework or standard.
- Able to establish good working relationships with colleagues, pupils, parents and outside agencies.
- Ability to travel to work location without assistance.
- Good time-keeping and time management.
- A commitment to the work ethic.
- A minimum of GCSE pass Grade C in English and Maths.
- A candidate who does not meet these criteria may be provided with additional support in order to achieve this minimum standard.
About the employer
The successful candidate will complete a Facilities Management Level 2 Apprenticeship framework:
- Facilities Management Level 2
- Functional Skills (including English Level 1 and Maths Level 1)
- Completion of Employer Rights and Responsibilities Booklet
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Prostart
Lawrence Turton 0115 9468182 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017