Dental Nurse/Receptionist Apprentice Dental Practice
Sheppey Dental care is looking for a full-time apprenticeship to train as a dental nurse and to learn the role as a receptionist to be able to provide cover when needed. The candidate would assist the dentist in the surgery as well as help with task on reception and in the decontamination room.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery and ensure the practice stock is maintained by keeping the order log up to date.
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Work at other practice locations from time to time as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good listening skills
- Good physical health
- Friendly and sympathetic approach Confident and reassuring attitude
- Ability to relate well with different kind of people
- Must be able to multitask
- Use initiative and demonstrate a good customer services
- Team player
GCSE's in Maths & English Grade A - C are required (or equivalent qualification).
Things to consider
About the employer
Alongside the full Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship, you will also receive on the job training from your work colleagues and mentor.
Health - Dental Nursing
WEST KENT AND ASHFORD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Kent and Ashford College
Katarzyna Chyla (Katie) 01732853912 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017