Apprentice Legal Administrator FORSTER DEAN LTD
An exciting opportunity to start your legal career with a well-respected law firm, Forster Dean Solicitors. You will be supporting their Serious Injury team by undertaking administrative work. This role offers a diverse range of tasks that provide a breadth of experience in developing various office and legal skills within a legal practice.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Working as part of the support team
- Filing/file management (including file opening and closing)
- Answering the telephone and taking messages or dealing with queries
- Making telephone calls to third parties and clients to chase information
- General miscellaneous admin tasks around the office and within a team
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Organising files for archive and keeping detailed records of all files
- Photocopying, scanning and printing various documents
- Preparing bundles of documents for Court and Counsel
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential including the ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Good at spelling and grammar.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, excellent organisation and administrative ability.
- Ability to use initiative and to work well under pressure/to deadlines.
- An understanding in all Microsoft office packages, in particular Excel, and ability to maintain records, spreadsheets and databases.
- Good team player.
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to take messages effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A spirit of co-operation and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Personable, but professional.
- The successful candidate must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including both Maths and English (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Legal Administration
- Level 2 Diploma in Legal Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Damar Training
John McKinnie 0161 480 8171 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017