IT Support Apprentice J & C Joel Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with J & C Joel, a fabric manufacturer, based in Halifax.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
£7,000.00 - £9,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Nov 2017
13 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role requires the ideal candidate to provide day-to-day IT support to the business, including logging of calls and providing 1st line technical support. The ideal candidate will be able to work under pressure and have excellent verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to use their own initiative and effective time management to achieve results.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Resolving/escalating all reported IT issues.
- Being responsible for morning infrastructure checks and resolving/escalating where necessary.
- Providing fast, effective and efficient 1st fault resolution.
- Following up on outstanding calls daily.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and service providers.
- Microsoft AD administration.
- Office 365 administration.
- Maintenance of antivirus across the business.
- Troubleshooting issues across Microsoft desktop and server estate.
- New user PC builds.
- Network/PABX patching and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft updates to be applied across the IT estate monthly.
- Supporting end users with the ERP system.
- Any other ad-hoc duties, as requested by Line Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Support of 3rd party software.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP methodology, operation and network facilities.
- Active Directory/Office365/Network Printers/Windows Servers.
- Some familiarity of ITIL principles.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, both face to face and remotely.
- Effective time management.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
J & C Joel Ltd
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Luke Metcalf 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017