Administrative Assistant St Pauls Primary School
Under the guidance of the School Business Manager, to provide administrative and financial support to the school.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The jobholder will be expected to complete the responsibilities / accountabilities effectively.
- To undertake reception duties, and dealing with enquiries. Signing visitors in and out of the school.
- To respond to correspondence by email.
- To answer telephone enquiries, and taking messages or passing on to other members of staff, as required.
- To open and distribute the post at the start of the school day and to ensure that outgoing post is dispatched.
- To file documents.
- To assist with maintaining the google diary and ‘creating events’.
- To word-process letters and other documents, as required.
- To assist in running data reports as required from the MIS system.
- To photocopy worksheets and other materials, and help with the collation and distribution of these, if necessary.
- To process any Purchase orders, as directed.
- To assist in collecting money from pupils, and ensure accurate records are kept.
- To assist with the hospitality of visitors to the school.
- To maintain manual records/computer database.
- To assist with the maintenance and collation of pupil reports.
- To assist with recording pupil absences.
- To assist with the distribution of lunchtime bands for hot meals ordered.
- To ensure delivery notes are collated with the correct purchase order forms
- If required to be trained in First Aid and administer as necessary.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate effectively with parents, pupils and visitors to the school.
- Well-organised and flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work constructively and supportively as part of a team.
- Can-do attitude
- First Aid Qualification or willingness to undertake training, if appropriate
Things to consider
About the employer
- Business Administration level 2
- Functional Skills as required
- On the job training
Business and Administration
RIVERSIDE TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside Training Ltd
Katie Gibbs 01432 359244 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017