Advanced Early Years Apprentice Benfieldside Primary School
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Early Years Apprentice to join the team at Benefieldside Primary school!
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will provide support to Teachers within a caring, supportive and stimulating environment that has high expectations for all pupils. The apprentice will be encouraged to work as part of EYFS team, where they will experience an exciting, challenging and varied apprenticeship with high quality training which will enable you to become an experienced and qualified professional within education.
Duties to include:
- Support staff with daily routines in and out of the classroom.
- Learn how to provide high quality education and support children.
- To support in the delivery of daily EYFS activities and support staff during indoor and outdoor play.
- Support the learning of small groups or individuals with a range of needs.
- Assisting with all aspects of teaching the EYFS curriculum and wider activities to support learning, as well as assisting with special activities in school (e.g. sporting events, open days, parent’s evenings).
- Work as part of a team towards a common goal sharing ideas and feedback.
- Build positive relationships with children, families and colleagues.
- Understand and observe the rules of confidentiality.
- Learn, understand and implement policies and procedures within the school, including Health and Safety, Child Protection and Safeguarding.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working with children/ in a childcare setting.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Excellent presentation, organisation and timekeeping skills.
- Understanding of the importance of Health and Safety.
- Enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to working in a energetic environment.
- Interest in the care, learning and development of children.
- Highly motivated and a team player.
- Professional approach with a clear understanding of maintaining confidentiality.
- Enthusiasm for working with children of all ages.
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English (at Grade C or higher), or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Level 2 Functional Skills Information Technology
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Erin Wakefield (01207) 585 914 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017