Apprentice Nursery Assistant. Chantreyland Day Nursery
Chantreyland Children’s Nursery is situated in Norton, Sheffield and was formed in 1987. They are looking for an apprentice to join the team! The apprentice will be responsible for various duties in the nursery.
Closing date: 26 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Nov 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The apprentice will be responsible for various duties in the nursery to ensure children are provided with quality care during their time in the nursery.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide opportunities for children to develop individually through play.
- Plan/coordinate and take part in activities.
- Help children at meal times and snack times.
- Liaise with parents and guardians.
- Contribute to positive relationships with children.
- Maintain children’s safety during play.
- Respond to injuries and signs of illness.
- Support staff and maintain good standards safeguarding, health & safety and hygiene, follow company policies at all times and respect confidentiality.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working with children in a school or nursery setting desirable but not essential.
- You need to be confident and the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision.
- Communication skills are vital in this role; successful applicants will be able to interact with children and staff and parents.
- Ensure health and safety checks are completed and health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Caring and compassionate nature.
- Mature and responsible.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Fun and outgoing..
- A*-C grades in Maths and English at GCSE(or equivalent) are required to complete this qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
- The successful apprentice will work towards a Level 3 Early Years Educator childcare qualification with ESG and will have the opportunity to progress within the nursery once completing the first year of the apprenticeship.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Nov 2017