Communications & Fundraising Apprentice TG Ymca Ltd
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our communications, fundraising and marketing team. This is a great opportunity for someone who has good writing and communications skills and understand fundraising and social media.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Fundraising is a new department within the YMCA Thames Gateway and there are lots of opportunities to raise money in our local area. The Communications and Fundraising apprentice will provide hands-on support to the Fundraising and Communications team. This will include day-to-day management of our social media accounts, researching fundraising opportunities and assisting and planning fundraising events.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate all social media channels in a consistent ‘on brand’ voice in line with our high standards. This includes day-to-day management including responding to customer enquiries, paid advertising, scheduling posts, looking for ways to increase our followers and raise money from our social media activity.
- Updating and writing content for both our website and intranet sites.
- Researching fundraising opportunities and helping to pull together information for bids and applications.
- In conjunction with the Fundraising and Communications Manager, organise and be part of local events including Sleep Easy, bucket collections and promotional events.
- Make contact with local community groups to get them to consider fundraising for the YMCA.
- Supporting Sales Manager with local promotional events.
- Pulling together content for the staff and stakeholders newsletter (six-weekly).
- Regularly update all promotional networks online (ie Netmums, Euan’s Guide etc.) whilst looking for new and cost effective ways to promote our service areas digitally.
- Help to gather case studies and stories for the purposes of case studies, marketing and stakeholder newsletters.
- Scan local newspapers for any mention of our organisation and file all press clippings.
- Assist with the planning and rollout of the internal and external rebrand across sites.
- Assist with customer research as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of using social media and producing content.
- Experience of telephone work including potential sales.
- Experience of organising events.
- Fundraising experience.
- Great organisational skills.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Polite and friendly telephone manner.
- Hard working with a motivated and can-do attitude.
- Uses own initiative and independence to deliver key objectives.
- Can work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding and H&S standards and application of such standards in own work environment.
- A commitment to the Christian principles of the YMCA.
- 5 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-D in any subject including GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- Business Administration Intermediate Level 2.
Things to consider
About the employer
TG Ymca Ltd
- Level 3 in Marketing and Communications.
- Maths and Englisg Functional Skills (if required).
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barking and Dagenham College
Christina Poole firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017