Apprentice Child Care Assistant Greenacres Childcare
An excellent opportunity to join a small friendly childcare setting based in Burbage to work alongside staff to create a happy and stimulating environment for children. This is an ideal role for somebody looking to start a career in childcare.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Under supervision to provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding. To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children. To provide adult interaction with children. To be aware of the settings policies. To support all staff and engage in a good staff team. Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care and education for the children
- To supervise and play with the children
- To oversee activities which cover all areas of children's development
- To liaise with and support parents and carers
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting e.g preparing snacks and cleaning
- Ensure good hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times
- To support the team in providing effective planning
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to
- To attend in and out of working hours activities e.g staff meetings
- To work in a professional, efficient and caring manner at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Genuine desire to work with children
- Willingness to attend training and meetings
- You will need to be a hardworking individual who has a proactive approach to their work
- You must endeavour to be a good role model to the children
- A smart appearance is essential
- Willingness to succeed as a childcare worker
Preferably 5 GCSE’s Grade C (or equivalent) or above including Maths, English and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship will consist of the following:
• NVQ Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2 (Competence)
• Functional Skill in Maths Level 1
• Functional Skill in English Level 1
• Functional Skill in ICT Level 1
• Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities
There will be a requirement to attend the College for day release for the completion of your knowledge qualification and Functional Skills (where appropriate). Observations and assessments will be carried out during agreed times in the workplace.
On the job training will be provided by the employer in addition to the Apprenticeship framework.
Children and Young People's Workforce
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & Hinckley College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017