Apprentice Administrator Mortgage Seeker Limited
An apprentice is required to assist the Consultant with all administration and follow up processes to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Mortgage and Protection Administration process and to adhere to all compliance procedures. The job can be based across the Great Yarmouth and/or Norwich offices depending on preference.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties will include:
- Opening post in the morning.
- Photocopy applications and supporting documents to send to lenders and Legal & General (product provider).
- Produce standard letters with the applications.
- Chase both lenders and customers for updates, chase outstanding items in order that the mortgage application is able to progress.
- Process Legal & General (product provider) application forms.
- Liaise with solicitors to progress the case to completion.
- Input data into the MIDAS database on the progression of life and mortgage applications.
- Collate mortgage and life reports.
- Chase general enquiries up to sign-up stage.
- Process agreements in principle.
- Send chase letters to customers.
- Chase outstanding commission.
- Complete customer questionnaires over the telephone/send out customer questionnaires and ask for referral business.
- Follow the post completion process.
- Follow the Client Servicing Process as set out by MAB.
- Follow the lapse process.
- Ensure knowledge and understanding in areas of compliance and regulation is maintained as required – for example: Complaints Handling, Money Laundering Prevention, Data Protection, Breaches, Financial Promotions. Ensure training and testing in all areas of compliance and regulation is completed as required.
- Act in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Deputise for other members of staff as required by the business.
- Be responsible for advertising approval via MAB.
- Be responsible for data back-up.
- Stock control of all MAB stationery, mortgage application forms and Legal & General and other insurers stationery, ensuring current versions are used.
Depending upon previous experience and qualifications, this could be offered as a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Other than attending college for ‘workshops’, approximately twice a month, the Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework training programme in Business Administration is primarily delivered in the workplace unless, should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are also required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
You will have the following skills:
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and ICT experience.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Good communication skills.
- Accurate documentation presentation and attention to detail.
- Professional approach to work.
- Willingness to learn and gain maximum benefit from the apprenticeship.
You will need to be:
- Able to deliver consistently high levels of customer service.
- Well-presented, professional and polite.
- Flexible, punctual and reliable.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Adaptable to change.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade A-C (new Grade 7-4) or above (or the equivalent) including English and Maths.
As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF).
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in English, Maths and Information and Communication Technology.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Employment Rights.
- Responsibilities and Health and Safety.
Business and Administration
East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Sandra Peck 01493 419891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017