Hairdressing Apprentice Tsunami
This apprenticeship trains you in the basics of hairdressing. As a hairdressing apprentice, you'll work as a salon junior, assisting senior staff, carrying out treatments including basic cutting, styling, drying and finishing and liaising with customers.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be expected to carry out a range of duties within the salon that will include the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients
- Take telephone bookings in a professional manner
- Maintain the salon’s cleanliness and hygiene standards
- Check stock levels
- Provide refreshments for clients
- Prepare clients for their treatments
- Over time assist with cuts
- Observe your colleagues to gain insight into techniques and develop interpersonal skills.
Requirements and prospects
Successful applicants will display the following skills:
- Well presented with professional attitude in all aspects of work
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage in conversation
- Customer service focused, with excellent people skills and manners
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Work collectively as a team as well as work using own initiative
- Good timekeeping.
- You will have a smart and well-presented appearance at work.
- You will be friendly, articulate and positive, with an upbeat attitude.
- You will have a keen interest in learning and developing your skills.
Ideally you will have 5 GCSE (or equivalent) grades A* – C including English and Maths.
However, these are not essential as you will have the opportunity to study Functional Skills in both English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
What will you learn?
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Much of the training will be undertaken ‘on the job’, supported by regular visits from a qualified assessor.
The Hairdressing Apprenticeship is an 24 month programme, with apprentices attending college 1 day per week (Monday) to study for the knowledge element. The apprentice will then be assessed within the workplace every 4-6 weeks
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Totton College
Sam Beadle 07483030341 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017