Software Developer Apprentice Drisq Ltd
We are not looking for programming heroes! We want you to develop to be one of the next generation of Engineers for software based systems!
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
26 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice willing to learn new skills and help deliver revolutionary tools that will make software programmers redundant.
Joining a start-up means that flexibility and self-motivation are important. The apprentice needs to be comfortable working independently in a self-driven office environment.
Experience of Windows development environment, Linux and the shell are desirable as is familiarity of the Java programming language. We will teach the successful candidate about the testing workflow required as well as the Simulation tools that we use.
The successful candidate can expect to be given "go investigate this and report back" tasks. The ability to write good English is required as reports will be required to be produced as the individual progresses.
Duties would include:
- Writing code using various programmes and platforms
- Apply security principles to all client jobs
- Link new and pre-written code to data
- Test and analyse code to identify any potential errors
- Design, as and when, manual tests for products
- Reading and assessing data produced by clients to meet requirements
- Work as part of a team to ensure all client queries are supported and met
Requirements and prospects
- Linux experience beneficial
- Team player
- Hard working
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Worcester for 16 days of training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard –Software Development Technician.
The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017