Administration Apprentice Frederick Holmes School
Is working within a school something that you have an interest in? Do you like the idea of working within a busy office environment? If so then we would love to hear from you! Frederick Holmes are looking for an Apprentice to join their growing admin team. If you are interested, please click the link to apply.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The selected candidate will take part in the following:
- Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc.
- Assisting with arrangements for visits by school nurse, photographer etc.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Undertake routine administration e.g. registers/school meals.
- Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer.
- Arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
- Undertake routine financial administration e.g. collect and record dinner money.
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow specific instructions.
- Good positive, friendly attitude.
- Organised and focused approach.
- Pleasant and confident manner.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Helpful and positive attitude in a busy environment.
- Able to project a respectable and professional image.
- Ability to maintain a calm approach and work effectively under pressure.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of most Microsoft Office packages.
- A commitment to the responsibility of safeguarding and promoting welfare of young people.
- An enthusiasticand friendly approach to work.
- Must be willing to listen and learn.
- Willing to learn and develop.
- Very accurate.
- Happy to help.
- No formal qualifications are required but you must have the ability to complete the NVQ and Functional Skills (if applicable).
Things to consider
About the employer
Frederick Holmes School
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Business and Administration consisting of:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF).
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT.
You will be required to attend a half day session at the Training Centre where you will work towards any functional skills that you have to take and the technical element. The NVQ or ITQ will be carried out at the workplace by taking evidence from your job.
Business and Administration
HULL BUSINESS TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hull Business Training Centre
Molly Tranmer 01482 211714 Molly@hbtc.co.uk
Before you apply
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017